Friday, November 14, 2008

Female figures



Cute figures perhaps?

There’s a whole cheerleading team here. There were quite alot of people taking photos of them. I had to wait my turn and then squeeze in to get a shot.

Exhibitions like these are also good opportunities to use and get used to your camera. Know what kind of settings are best for certain situations. I’ve seen people carrying really huge SLR cameras with external speedlights, diffusers etc.

SLR owners without those external flashes made do with a diffuser. A proper one or a make do one with just paper rolled over the built-in flash. Of course there were a majority of people who only used compacts.

And I’ve seen some people carrying really compact ones. There was this one which was probably just twice as thick as the plastic ipod nano (the first nano I think). And I peeked… I looked at his tiny screen and from what I saw, the photo looked great.

I remember reading somewhere that it’s not the camera, it’s knowing how to fully use it that makes the difference.

No comments: